Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Methotrexate Toxicity Symptoms Question About Methotrexate...?

Question about Methotrexate...? - methotrexate toxicity symptoms

It undifferentiated mixed connective tissue disease. I tested positive for Sjogren's Syndrome a few years ago, but is not mandatory. That means you either suffer from lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. I took Plaquenil for 4 years and had some toxicity. My dosage was reduced and has started to take methotrexate in August. I'm mg below 10. I noticed that the small (very, very small) improvement in joint swelling. It seems to me a good 2-3 days a week, but still substantial swelling in the joints. I see my rheumatologist within 3 weeks, but I thought I was someone who took methotrexate, to see how long it took before they know, asking works.
My main concern is fatigue complaint. I am exhausted and do not believe that fatigue is a value tonly marginal improvements. If someone finds that MED can give me some advice, I would be very happy. Should he stay there? I also have homeopathic treatments and therapies doc aquatic organisms 2 to 3 times per week.

2 comments:

Linda R said...

I suffer from systemic lupus. I was not with methotrexate, but I administered intravenously in a hospital with a steroid pulse. I had a failure of the bone marrow of lupus and a high SED rate, including pericarditis and other things. I also take Plaquenil. I have made prednisone for 6 months. I've always mofetil, CellCept, of lupus nephritis. It is unclear whether the drug, the disease or fatigue. Autoimmune diseases, mixed connective tissue are extreme, to handle what. I would stay there until his rheumatism too. Keep a diary of your activities and symptoms. You can see some connections and the paper is useful to your rheumatologist. Please make sure all the doctors and practitioners, what others are sayingdo. If you have a good cooperation with the rheumatologist, you should be able to on homeopathic treatments and other complementary to talk to him or her. If you do not speak openly, get another doctor. The stress of illness and its management are sufficient to cause fatigue. Moreover, the fact that the disease itself causes fatigue, and no wonder that you feel comfortable. It does not reach the current level of inflammation in the night and not fall overnight. Are you on prednisone too? Have you ever chloroquine retinopathy Plaquenil? Please send a message to gazorpf@yahoo.com

Best wishes. Be patient.

Anonymous said...

I have RA for 8 years and we are on methotrexate for 8 years. I also used Plaquenil but my rheumatologist said that side effects are not worth the benefit of children. Methotrexate with no ulcers in the mouth gently, so remember to take folic acid as well as to prevent this adverse reaction. Methotrexate is to minimize aches and pains, but not as efficient or uniform, or as Enbrel, Humira and Remicade.
I was on Enbrel with methotrexate times a year and a considerable improvement, but none of them allow exteme fatigue. Other medications help, the fatigue can simply use the "squeaky wheel" and not give up. I would suggest asking for one of threeI mentioned drugs (although they are all very expensive, so check with your insurance company first). Hope this helps.

Post a Comment